As required by law, our minimum approval standards precisely follow Oregon Landlord Tenant law (ORS 90.303). We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, the source of your income, the fact that you are a victim of domestic violence, victim of sexual assault or stalking or the fact that you have won an eviction case brought against you by a former landlord.
We absolutely will not approve your application if any of the following is true:
● You have been evicted for any reason in the last five years.
● You have been convicted for a serious criminal offense as defined by ORS 90.303:
- A drug-related crime, but not including convictions based solely on the use or possession of marijuana;
- A person crime;
- A sex offense;
- A crime involving financial fraud, including identity theft and forgery; or
- Any other crime if the conduct for which the applicant was convicted or charged is of a nature that would adversely affect the Property of the landlord or a tenant or the health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises of residents, the landlord or the landlord’s agent.
● Criminal records, including:
- An unacceptable criminal history, including our inability to verify information regarding criminal history.
● You have a negative rental history, including:
- Negative or insufficient reports from references or other sources.
- An unacceptable or insufficient rental history, such as the lack of a reference from a prior landlord.
- A prior action for possession under ORS 105.105 to 105.168 that resulted in a general judgment for the plaintiff or an action for possession that has not yet resulted in dismissal or general judgment.
- Inability to verify information regarding a rental history.
● Financial information, including insufficient income, negative information provided by a consumer credit reporting agency or inability to verify information regarding credit history.
● Failure to meet other written screening or admission criteria.
● The dwelling unit has already been rented.
If you apply to live in our community, you will be given a copy of this written screening policy and a receipt for your screening charge. We will tell you how many available units there are, how many applications are currently pending for those units and any units we may have available at other properties we own. Our units' rents and standard security deposit amounts are on display in the office of the property. We will provide them upon request.
You have the right to dispute the accuracy of any information provided to the landlord by a screening company or credit reporting agency.